Funding Opportunities: Current Grants
The following grants may be of interest to organizations working with educational technology:
NSF CYBER-PHYSICAL SYSTEMS
- DEADLINE: Last day in February
- The CPS program is seeking proposals that address research challenges in three CPS themes: Foundations; Methods and Tools; and Components, Run-time Substrates, and Systems.
- Foundations research will develop new scientific and engineering principles, algorithms, models, and theories for the analysis and design of cyber-physical systems.
- Research on Methods and Tools will bridge the gaps between approaches to the cyber and physical elements of systems through innovations such as novel support for multiple views, new programming languages, and algorithms for reasoning about and formally verifying properties of complex integrations of cyber and physical resources.
- The third CPS theme concerns new hardware and software Components, Run-time Substrates (infrastructure and platforms), and (engineered) Systems motivated by grand challenge applications.
- Small Projects are individual or small-team efforts that focus on one or more of the three defined CPS themes. Funding for Small Projects will be provided at levels of up to $200,000/year for up to three years.
- Medium Projects also span one or more CPS themes and may include one or more PIs and a research team of students and/or postdocs. Funding for Medium Projects will be provided at levels up to $500,000/year for up to three years.
- Large Projects are multi-investigator projects involving teams of researchers and their students and/or postdocs representing the same or multiple disciplines in computer science, engineering, and physical application domains, who together address a coherent set of research issues that either cut across multiple CPS themes or that explore in great depth a particular theme. Funding for Large Projects will be provided at levels up to $1,000,000/year for up to five years.
- Grants URL: http://www.nsf.gov/pubs/2008/nsf08611/nsf08611.htm
ADC FOUNDATION: SCIENCE, MATH & TECHNOLOGY FUNDING FOR NONPROFITS & SCHOOLS
- Deadlines: Accept proposals year round, grants given quarterly
- Description: The ADC Foundation awards grants to two focus areas: mathematics and science education, and nonprofit access to technology. Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Education grants for K-12 or higher education projects to improve teaching or learning of mathematics and science. Access to Technology grants are for projects promoting nonprofit access to technology.
- Contact: Veronica Theobald, (952) 917-0118, Veronica_Theobald@adc.com
- Grants URL: http://www.adc.com/aboutadc/adcfoundation/
- OPEN Deadline
- Must be a 501c3 Organization (Your Community College Foundation)
- Areas of Interest: Education; Science & Technology
- Apply to the U.S. Program
- Need to complete Eligibility Criteria in Portal Below
- Grants URL: http://www.google.com/grants/details.html